James A. Nepple, J.D. & L.L.M. (Taxation)
James A. Nepple has been the managing partner of Nepple Law, PLC for over 45 years. His office recently merged with the firm of Stanley, Lande & Hunter. Offices are in Davenport and Muscatine, Iowa.
Jim’s primary areas of practice are taxation, estate planning, trust administration, probate matters, retirement plans, business entities, and non-profit organizations.
Jim received his undergraduate degree from Creighton University in 1967, his law degree (with distinction) from the University of Iowa in 1970, and his Master of Laws in Taxation degree from New York University in 1982. Jim is admitted to practice in Iowa and Illinois and is a member of the American, Iowa, Illinois, Rock Island County, Scott County, and Muscatine County Bar Associations. Prior experience includes a tax accountant position with the public accounting firm of Ernst & Young in Chicago, Illinois.
Mr. Nepple is an author and frequent speaker on taxation, estate planning, business entities, and retirement plans for the Tax Section and Real Property and Probate & Trust Section of the American Bar Association, American Agricultural Law Association, Law Education Institute, Illinois State Bar Association, Iowa State Bar Association, and Muscatine County Bar Association.
- “A” rated lawyer in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America for Tax Law and Employee Benefits Law
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyer
- Listed as a “Leading Illinois Attorney” under Trusts & Estate Planning Law, Tax Law, and Small Business Law
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel; serves on both its employee benefits in estate planning committee and its business planning committee
- Fellow of the Illinois and Iowa State Bar Foundations
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
Extensive experience in:
- Trusts & Estate Planning
- Non-Profit Entities
- Employment & Retirement Law
Current groups and organizations:
- Member of the American Bar Association; Iowa State Bar Association; Illinois State Bar Association; Scott County Bar Association; Rock Island County Bar Association; Muscatine County Bar Association; and the American College of Estate and Trust Counsel.
- Member of the Institute of Illinois Business Law
- Member of Employee Benefits Section Counsel, Illinois Bar Association.